Green Dot Public Schools offers a choice of dental plans through MetLife so you can select the level of coverage that best fits your needs.
2023 – 2024 Dental Plan Options for Texas Employees:
DHMO plan: you choose a primary care dentist and receive all of your care within the plan’s network — there is no out-of-network coverage. There is also no deductible or annual maximum benefit under the DHMO plan. MetLife Dental (DHMO) Plan is only available if you reside in Texas.
High and Low plans: you can see any dentist you want, but you must first meet a deductible before coverage begins. These plans also include an annual maximum benefit. The differences between the High and Low plans are in the deductibles, annual maximums, out-of-network coverage, and orthodontic lifetime maximums.
Compare Plan Options
Compare the plans and view the plan comparison table for coverage.
All the dental plans include:
- Affordable coverage that helps you manage the cost of dental treatment
- Wide network of providers that have agreed to negotiated rates, which helps you save money (reminder: the DHMO plan only pays benefits for care received in network)
- Choice of four coverage levels:
- Employee Only
- Employee Only + Spouse/Domestic Partner
- Employee + Children up to age 26
- Employee + Family
Use Your Dental Benefits Wisely
Here’s how to make the most of your dental benefits:
- Choose your provider – Each time you need dental care, you have a choice of providers. Selecting a participating dentist in the MetLife network will ensure you receive the highest benefits from your plan.
- If your service is expected to exceed $300, submit a request for a pretreatment estimate – (such as crowns, inlays, bridges, and periodontics). For more information about pretreatment estimates, call your dental carrier.
- Check your claim status and other information – on MetLife’s website. You can review Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements, check if claims have been paid, and more.
Find a Network Dentist
You’ll generally pay less when you use a dentist in your carrier’s network.
- Visit MetLife’s’s website to locate in-network providers.
- See step-by-step instructions for finding a provider in the MetLife DHMO network.
Dental Plan Comparison
|Plan Details||MetLife DHMO Plan||MetLife Low Plan||MetLife High Plan|
|Primary Care Dentist||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Annual Maximum Benefit||None||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Diagnostic and Preventive Care Services||Fee schedule||Covered in full||Covered in full||Covered in full||Covered in full|
|Basic Services||Fee schedule||20% after deductible||20% after deductible||20% after deductible||20% after deductible|
|Major Services||Fee schedule||50% after deductible||50% after deductible||50% after deductible||50% after deductible|
|Orthodontics (adults and children)||Fee schedule||40% after deductible||40% after deductible||40% after deductible||40% after deductible|
|Orthodontic Lifetime Benefits (adults and children)||Fee schedule||$1,000||$1,000||$2,500||$2,500|